Imagine this: You’re selling your company’s best product. You’ve successfully navigated the gatekeeper to speak with your target buyer (the person who will actually use your product) and have shared enough of a compelling message that they’re willing to engage with you. You figured out that they have the budget to buy your product and have proposed a solution you know will help your buyer achieve their goals. Everything is progressing wonderfully and then your primary point of contact goes…silent.
For any salesperson, it’s important to understand why your customers keep coming back:
- Is it because you’re a better deal than your competitors?
- Is it the simplicity of your product offering?
- Is your product suite so specialized, there is no equal?
- Is it too complicated to uninstall your offering?
- Does your customer simply respect their relationship with you, and your product continues to deliver value for their organization?