Want to negotiate a winning deal? Learn the four basic buyer types and leverage the Customer Experience Pyramid to give yourself the winning edge.
Each year, customer experience (CX) consultants release studies highlighting how impactful CX can be. The Temkin Group (a CX consultancy now owned by Qualtrics) published a study stating that companies earning $1 billion annually can expect to earn, on average, an additional $700 million within 3 years of investing in CX. In addition, Daniel Newman, CEO of Broadsuite Media Group reported that 86% of customers are willing to pay more for a better experience. These findings are on the heels of a 2013 global CX study from Oracle finding that 97% of executives believe that delivering a great customer experience is critical to their business advantage and results.
We’ve worked with many companies that are going through commercial transformations and, while I’m glad to see more and more companies adopting transformational efforts, the fact remains that many are doomed to fail.
For any salesperson, it’s important to understand why your customers keep coming back:
- Is it because you’re a better deal than your competitors?
- Is it the simplicity of your product offering?
- Is your product suite so specialized, there is no equal?
- Is it too complicated to uninstall your offering?
- Does your customer simply respect their relationship with you, and your product continues to deliver value for their organization?